Passing the Membership of the Faculty of Public Health Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (MFPHMI) is an essential requirement for a Certificate of Satisfactory Completion of Specialist Training (CSCST) in Public Health Medicine. It is also a requirement for doctors who want to become Members of the Faculty of Public Health Medicine.
There are two components to the MFPHMI exam:
- MFPHMI Part I
- MFPHMI Part II
- You must pass both components in order to be eligible for a CSCST
- If you haven’t already passed the MFPHMI Part I (or equivalent) when you start HST, you are required to sit Part 1 in your first year
- You must have passed MFPHMI Part I by the end of your second year of HST
- You must have passed MFPHMI Part II before the end of your HST programme
- You must sit the Part II examination within four years of passing Part I
How to apply for exams
To apply for an examination, simply check the Examinations Calendar on the RCPI website and select your preferred exam date and location.